- Orders ship every Tuesday via Express Shipping
- FREE SHIPPING for orders of $150 or more
- Express Flat Rate SUMMER Shipping ($25 for most states, $30 for TX, FL, AZ - sorry, it's really hot there!)
Vermont Shepherd gives you a taste of Vermont's best aged sheep - cow mixed milk cheeses. David and Yesenia and their family pasture and milk the sheep and make and age the cheese on their 250 acre farm in Westminster West, Vermont. The cheese styles are descended from a variety of Pyrenees mountain cheeses and have continually won Best in Show at the American Cheese Society since 1993. This package highlights the variety within this mountain style.
From top to bottom:
- Queso Invierno, 1/3 pound - Invierno (or “winter” in Spanish) is a soft to semi-hard natural rind cheese made with winter milk, aged 5-6 months. The cheese is a blend of cow milk from a neighboring farm and sheep milk from Vermont Shepherd. Invierno is a versatile cheese with a rich, butter and mushroom flavor.
- Queso Verano, 1/3 pound - Verano (or "summer" in Spanish) is a soft to semi-hard 100% sheep milk cheese made with summer milk, aged 5-6 months. More earthy than invierno, this cheese is truly one-of-a-kind.
- Queso Invierno Extra Aged, 1/3 pound - The two year old version of Invierno is more crystalline and piquante than its younger version.
The set of three fits well in both the Grotto Classico, Grotto Fresco, or Grotto Mezzo.
We'll include literature on the best way to store and serve each style.
Westminster West, Vermont
Orders ship every Monday via Two-Day Shipping
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.